Y’all going on summer vacation this year? We won’t, as the garden demands all hands on deck, but I know that most families vacation during the summer. Here is my must-have packing list for a week of vacation!
In my suitcase:
- 7 pairs of pajamas
- 3 maxi skirts
- 2 knee-length skirts
- 4 tops
- 1 nice dress
- 1 pair of flip flops, 1 nice dressy sandal
- swimsuit coverup
- sun hat
- White cardigan
- Accessories – 3 pairs of earrings, 2 necklaces, 3 bracelets, 2 rings
- 1 crossbody purse that can be both casual and suitable for dressy occasions
- Mini face wash and scrub
- Mini deodorant
- Razor with travel/protective guard
- Shampoo and body wash
- Mini hand cream
- TONS of bobby pins and hair elastics of every shape and size
- My favorite comb and hairbrush
- Flat iron
- Mini hairspray
- Travel size skincare (serum, moisturizer)
- Makeup (small powder, concealer, mascara, lip tints/balms, etc)
- Toothbrush, mini toothpaste, tooth cleaners for braces, rubber bands for braces
- Nail clippers
OTHER – Not in suitcase:
- I bring my own pillows. Have to.
- Sound machine
In my carryon/backpack:
- A book (or a Nook or Kindle if you like digital books)
- My coloring books
- Colored pencils, pencil sharpener, and favorite pen + mechanical pencil
- Laptop + cord + mouse + mousepad (but this is only because I’ll be doing school there)
- Headphones, wall charger + cord for my iPhone
- Anything else I can’t fit in my suitcase. I have a very large, high-school-textbook grade backpack.
- Carry-On Essentials
I know it actually sounds like a lot, but it is a list of needed items. I eliminated items that I didn’t need.
I have three waterproof, leak-proof toiletry bags in different sizes to use, plus a good sized cosmetic/pencil case that I ordered with my backpack. In there I can put toiletries that won’t leak, like my hair stuff (not hairspray though) and makeup.
I always put my tooth stuff in a plastic bag. Waterproof and leak-proof. Easy peasy. Not classy, but easy :P. Who’s looking at your tooth stuff anyway?
What to wear when traveling?
When you’re traveling, you should wear something casual, comfortable, but still somewhat put-together and polished. What I would wear in summer would be a comfortable knee-length skirt with a cute top or a sundress.
What I’m bringing is a pretty good checklist. Make sure you always have a checklist before you go traveling because you will most likely leave something out! Here is a printable PDF checklist I made for free.
p.s. have you entered my giveaway? only ten days left!