Are you the kind of person who is not into resolutions? Most people make a few resolutions at the beginning of the year, but actually creating NEW HABITS is what will help to achieve those noble goals. If working toward a healthier body, mind and spirit is one of your goals, I’ve collected five healthy habits to help you get started.
- Drink a glass of water in the morning when you wake up, after brushing your teeth. Drinking a glass of water helps to hydrate your body and is especially important since you haven’t drunk anything for several hours.
- Write down two or more things you are grateful for every day. “Gratitude Attitude” is so important, and this really helps to show you that there is so much to be thankful for. Five minutes of writing every night can be a relaxing and reflective thing to do.
- Send a card to somebody each week. This is a really fun thing to do – and people love getting mail! Sending one person a card every week, telling them what you’re thankful for about them and adding titbits of news is so much fun. Who knows, maybe that one card will flower into a pen-pal relationship!
- Eat something fresh every day. Tell yourself that you’re going to eat one fruit or vegetable every day on purpose, to get that yummy freshness. Chance is, if you start buying more fruits and vegetables, you will probably eat more than one! Grapefruits are my favorites right now.
- Take a short walk every day. Purposefully spending time outside every day is so healthy for you. Even if it’s just ten minutes taking a break, climbing a tree, watching clouds, or stamping your feet with cold, you will return back to your work with new enthusiasm. Feel free to go on a quick sprint down the street for five minutes. Or just check the mail. Get outside!